Shure SM7B and Electro-Voice RE20 Balance Calibrated Mic Boom Arm
The Northcomm Technologies Shure SM7B and Electro-Voice RE20 microphone Boom Arms are the premiere choice for the professional audio engineer, audio enthusiast or podcaster. Our products feature a highly specialized, super low noise, internal spring assembly that is specifically Balance Calibrated to accommodate the unique weight and moment of angle presented by the Shure SM7B and Electro-Voice RE20 microphones. This precise and unique mechanical system delivers an agile, disciplined sensation that makes the Shure SM7B and Electro-Voice RE20 microphones feel as if they are floating in air.
The Balance Calibration design has four unique benefits:
- Ensures that adjustments on the vertical and horizontal planes are effortless, requiring little more than the force applied by your finger
- Dramatically reduces the popping, creaking and grinding noises that are produced by external spring and friction lock suspension systems
- Your arm stays exactly where you place it. There is never a need for re-calibration and we have eliminated noise inducing friction lock weight adjustments
- Provides true one-handed microphone positioning
In order to provide the maximize number of microphone angles and recording positions, Northcomm Technologies has designed a low friction – virtually noise free – rotational swivel component. The swivel is a precisely machined device that features non-metallic bearing surfaces and a torque calibrated rotational locking system.
Our swivel provides three key benefits:
- Crisp and sturdy rotational motion: Before each arm is shipped, the swivels torque is carefully adjusted to the required drag coefficient. This setting accommodates the microphone’s natural inertial tendencies while providing a crisp and sturdy rotational movement
- One-handed adjustment: Our internal torque calibration system means that true, one handed adjustment of the swivel is possible. You rotate the microphone exactly where you want it and the swivel locks that position without any further adjustment
- 360 degrees of freedom: Once the Shure SM7B microphone is joined to the Balance Calibrated arm and swivel, complete horizontal adjustment are achieved, smoothly, quietly and precisely
Finally, transverse plane adjustment has been incorporated to allow for as much as 60 degrees of transverse movement. + 30 and – 30 degree angles from zero are locked into place by the click-type locking lever located above the swivel. This is the only Balance Calibrated microphone boom arm system on the market that provides this many recording positions.
To increase your ease of installation, each arm is provided with premium, stage worthy, ultra-low noise braided shield microphone cable. Each cable is pre-terminated with Neutrik XX-HE series premium XLR connectors. These broadcast quality connectors feature gold contacts with extra high temperature insulators.
As a Northcomm Technologies exclusive, every single Shure SM7B and Electro-Voice RE20 boom arm and cable assembly is tested on a highly sophisticated audio tracking generator and audio spectrum analyzer. This test provides a spectral representation of the audio characteristic on your exact unit between 40 and 20,000 Hz. Each arm is packaged with sweep data so you know exactly how the cable and connector combination preformed in your exact boom arm.
When you purchase your Northcomm Technologies Shure SM7B or Electro-Voice RE20 Microphone Boom Arm you will experience the quality that is a part of every single Northcomm Product.
Please note: This item does NOT include any of the microphones.
Microphones - Broadcast